The Memphis, Tennessee Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI) was chartered in March of 1999 as a part of Region 14. Region 14 consists of 19,852 members in South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Jamaica, and Trinidad/Tobago. There are 24 chapters, ranging in size from 120 (Savannah and Columbus, GA Chapters) to 4864 (Atlanta Chapter). Since the original charter date, the chapter has rapidly grown to a membership of over 500. Remember, all chapters exist for only one reason, to serve YOU, our members.
Due to COVID, we expect to still be meeting Virtually for this meeting. ZOOM information will be sent to all registrants. Tickets are $0 for Members and $5.00 for Guests. Share the invitation to your colleagues. Watch for the meeting connection info on the Receipt you receive upon registering.
Being SAFe during COVID-19: Application of Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
April 14, 2021 Chapter Meeting, 6-7:30 PM - Click here to Register
Ed Nichols, Portfolio Fellow at FedEx Logistics, will provide a brief overview of SAFe that will lead into one of the seven core competencies known as Lean Portfolio Management (LPM). The information he will share is based on Scaled Agile and his certification as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) Version 5. Attendees at the chapter meeting can expect to participate in interactive exercises and intimate discussions.
About Ed Nichols
Ed has been an employee of FedEx for 18 years with the last year spent with FedEx Logistics as a Portfolio Fellow. As part of his Portfolio Fellow role, he serves as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) and teaches SAFe courses all over the world. He recently became certified as an Enterprise Business Agility Strategist (EBAS) and is promoting the mindset and culture of Business Agility.
Disclaimer: As a FedEx Logistics employee, Ed will not be using any FedEx content or material in the presentation.
Education and Certification Information
July-August 2021 PMP Certification Prep
Virtual, Instructor-Led, Provider - RefineM, LLC, ATP
Dates, Times, and Fees
- Dates:Tuesday and Thursday nights, 6-9 pm, from July 20 to August 26
- Price:$1000 for Members if registered/paid by June 29, $1250 if registered by July 18. (Non-members pay $100 more). $50 Late fees apply.
- Instructor-led, interactive class held through virtual meeting technology
- Course materials cover written and online materials, including test banks
- Meet the trainer - previous Lunch & Learn for PMI Memphis (code m8w?mm$u)
RefineM provides all the material that is necessary to pass the test, neither too little nor too much.
- Pre- and post-training packages/assessments to help you get maximum ROI from the class.
- PMP Exam Prep material provided by PMI.
- Short Videos on targeted specific PMP Exam topics.
- A case study that will be used throughout the course for better understanding the concepts.
- A full-length (200-question) practice test provided by PMI.
- 90-day subscription to RefineM’s on-line PMP Exam Prep test simulator with a question
bank of more than 1,000 high-quality questions developed by experienced PMP instructors.
- 90-day Subscription to RefineM's Agile Fundamentals Self-Paced Online Course to help you
gain foundational Agile knowledge for the exam.
- A “brain dump” of critical exam topics to record on scrap paper.
- Unlimited Post-training support to help students prepare and pass the exam.
- Subscription to RefineM's PDU Bundle so students can earn Professional Development Units
after attaining their certification.
Address questions to [email protected].REGISTER NOW
Education and Certification Information
Continuous Learning Through Affiliate Partnership
PMI Memphis wants to make it easy and cost effective for members and guests to improve knowledge and skills as a way of life. That being the case, PMI Memphis is partnering with RefineM in 2021 to bring continuous education opportunities and discounts to our members.
Self-Paced Products and Online Training – Save 25% by using code PMIMEMPHIS
Self-Paced Online Training
Instructor-Led Live Training – Save 15% by using code PMIMEMPHIS-LIVE
If you already have a PMI certification, you can report your PDUs on www.ccrs.pmi.org using your PMI.org login and password.