Wednesday, March 13th
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Terri Lee Freeman was appointed president of the National Civil Rights Museum in November 2014. As president, Freeman is responsible for providing strategic leadership in furthering the museum’s mission as an educational and cultural institution.
In 2018, under the leadership of Freeman, the museum presented “MLK50: Where Do we Go From Here?: the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Dr. King." The year-long commemoration was a global remembrance of Dr. King’s life work and recognition of his legacy.
Prior to joining the Museum, Ms. Freeman served as president of the Community Foundation for the National Capital Region for 18 years. She distinguished herself for her community building, and her ability to grow the Foundation’s reputation as an effective and strategic funder in the metropolitan DC region.
Her intense passion for the nonprofit sector and community was nurtured while serving as the founding executive director of the Freddie Mac Foundation, at the time, one of the five largest corporate foundations in the metropolitan Washington region.
A graduate of the 2016 class of Leadership Memphis, Ms. Freeman currently serves as the Vice Chair of the Community Foundation for Greater Memphis. She also serves on the boards of the Greater Memphis Chamber of Commerce; the Memphis Brand Initiative; New Memphis Institute; and the Orpheum. Regionally, she is a member of the Tennessee Education Equity Coalition and the Southeastern Council on Foundations. She has been identified as a Memphis Mover & Shaker by Memphis Magazine, and has been featured in Memphis Business, the Commercial Appeal and Style Blueprint. A frequently sought after speaker, Ms. Freeman lives by the saying that what’s most important is what people say about you when you aren’t in the room.
Freeman received her bachelor’s degree in journalism/communication arts from the University of Dayton and her Master's degree in organizational communications from Howard University. She is married to Dr. Bowyer G. Freeman and is the proud mother of three daughters and grandmother of two.
To register, click here
The Value of Classes from PMI Memphis
PMI Memphis strives to provide value to its members and other local professionals by offering lower cost certification training options. We have a deep bench of PMP-certified members who have passion and talent for sharing their knowledge to students. That allows us to offer PMP/CAPM prep classes as much as $1200 cheaper than other providers who bring class offerings to town. CAPM candidates can take our PMP classes. The key difference is that CAPM is useful for people who haven’t yet accrued the requisite work experience to sit for the PMP exam.
PMI Memphis works with other educators to bring lower cost, instructor-led prep classes for other certifications into the area as well. Those offerings, when available, are always promoted in the Calendar on the PMI Memphis website.
We will soon be offering random workshops covering PMP Application Tips. Depending on the venue, it might be free, or charges may apply to cover costs. Stay tuned to the www.pmimemphis.org for that. We will publish an article and registration events for these workshops.
Be a helpful member: Share the value by sharing the Info/Registration links for the PMI Memphis classes listed below on your LinkedIn, Facebook, or other social media accounts.
Planned Certification Prep Dates
- PMP/CAPM – April 9-11 Bootcamp
- Closed to a single company at request of that company
- PMP/CAPM – July 16-Aug 8 – Register now via the event information here
- Held Tue/Thur evenings at Embry Riddle from 5:30 to 9:30 pm
- $795/$845 Member/Non-Member price.
- Register before June 14 to save $50
- PMP/CAPM Prep – Oct 1-24 – Register now via the event information here
- Held Tue/Thur evenings at Embry Riddle from 5:30 to 9:30 pm
- $795/$845 Member/Non-Member price.
- Register before August 20 to save $50
Got Questions? Contact email@example.com
Project Management Institute Names Sunil Prashara as New President & Chief Executive Officer
|The Project Management Institute (PMI) today announced that its Board of Directors has named Sunil Prashara president and chief executive officer (CEO), effective immediately. In his new role, Sunil will serve as the lead advocate for PMI’s global organization, serving more than three million professionals in nearly every country in the world.
Working with the Board of Directors, he will oversee the implementation of PMI’s new strategic plan and guide the organization toward a future designed to help millions of project professionals around the world accelerate their careers and make ideas a reality.
Building on its legacy of 50 successful years of advancing the practice of project management globally, PMI is setting an exciting new course for the next 50 years and beyond,” said Randall T. (Randy) Black, P. Eng., PMP, chair of PMI’s Board of Directors. “Sunil’s global leadership, expertise in digital transformation, and passion for PMI’s purpose made him a natural fit as our next CEO. His leadership will also mark an era of enhanced transparency and collaboration to galvanize members, volunteers and stakeholders in support of PMI’s work -- ensuring that we are communicating the impact and value of project management around the world."
Sunil brings more than three decades of valuable global leadership to PMI, with a solid track record of setting strategies, delivering large scale transformation agendas, and meeting growth and profit challenges for international organizations.
“Technology is transforming the way the world conducts business at lightning speed. I look forward to working with the team at PMI to deliver on a bold, new multi-year initiative designed to sharpen the organization’s strategic direction, enhance its technological capabilities to embrace shifting workplace trends, and deliver unparalleled value to our members, volunteers, chapters and project professionals,” Sunil said. “As a global business leader for large and complex companies around the world, I have seen firsthand the power that professional project management brings in making individuals and their organizations successful.”
Prior to joining PMI, Sunil served as CEO of i1too Ltd in the U.K., a sales accelerator for digital start-ups, which he founded in 2016 and grew internationally. He previously served as CEO of Expereo International, and also held numerous executive leadership positions throughout the information and communications technology and telecommunications industries. His extensive multi-functional multi-cultural, multi-geography experience includes managing sales, operations and digital transformation for companies such as Vodafone, Nokia, Accenture and Perot Systems (NTT). As a business executive, he has developed an appreciation for project management expertise, and understands from an “outside-in” perspective how PMI can expand its reach globally.
Active Members: 606
Welcome New Members!
|Hillary Burkett||Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare|
|Jo Edwards||FedEx Express|
|John Forsythe, Esq||FedEx Express|
|Michael Martin||FedEx Express|
|Cindy Sage||St. Jude Children's Research Hospital|
|Brian Wiersman||Robert Half Mgmt Resources|
Announcement of Job Opening at ALSAC/St Jude
Senior Advisor – Risk.
Interested parties should apply online at https://www.stjude.org/jobs/alsac.html or the direct link to Sr Advisor – Risk.
Contact for questions regarding this position should be addresssed to: Joy.Toney@stjude.org. Include Sr Risk Advisor in subject line when responding.
Under the direction of the Sr Director – Corporate Compliance, the Risk Advisor provides leadership, consulting and strategic services for ALSAC’s Risk Management Program. Responsible for understanding and documenting critical business functions and identifying areas of risk. Strong risk management, project management and governance frameworks experience.
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as tactical execution to meet strict deadlines in compressed time periods;
- Requires in-depth knowledge of risk management, best practices as evidenced by mid-level professional certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization;
- 5 years’ + experience managing operational risk, and assessing, implementing and improving organizational processes;
- 2-3 years’ experience with project or program management; understanding of operations or various lines of business and/or Risk Management;
- Strong knowledge of (or ability to quickly learn) the organization and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the key functional processes and resources;
- Self-motivated and ability to be flexible and work independently; set priorities for self and others; effectively matrix manage risk teams; supervisory experience; strong decision making abilities; time management; analytical thinking;
- Excellent communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Highly developed relationship management, influencing, and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills including database use and database management experience.
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through Bachelor’s Degree and 7 to 10 years related experience in business operations.
- Desired: Industry certification or equivalent experience in one or more of the following areas and/or other related professional designation: PRM, CRISC, CRMP, PMP, PMI-RMP
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
More avenues to look for jobs related to Project Management
1. Check out the latest Jobs in Memphis Area
2. PMI - Carreer HQ: PMI Career Headquarters is the premier electronic recruitment resource for your industry. Here, employers and recruiters can access the most qualified talent pool of Project Management Professionals to meet their staffing needs.