PMI Memphis Supports FedExFamilyHouse
FedExFamilyHouse is a home away from home for out-of-town families who come to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital for treatment. Opened in 2010, it is the first facility in Memphis to provide housing for families of patients receiving extended care at our hospital. Every year, PMI Memphis supports FedExFamilyHouse through contributions of money or food and through volunteer service by PMI Memphis members and their families.
Will you join us this year? Click any of the links below to find details on how to serve. Reach out and set your dates with FedExFamilyHouse. Share back your stories and pictures (with names of people in them) to [email protected]. We would love to celebrate your service in the January or February Chapter meeting.
If you have questions about supporting FedExFamilyHouse, please email [email protected].
December 20th-23rd - Current needs include:
- Toys, gift cards for infants, toddlers, school age, teens and adults. Specific list included here.
- Gift wrapping materials (Large Toy Sacks, Large Paper Bags, Wrapping Paper, Tissue, Bows, and Ribbon)
- Help us supply dinners when we have a slower month of meal donations.
- Gas cards distributed to families in need. Currently we have zero support and we expect an increase in occupancy through the end of the year.
- $20 & $50 increments are best!
- Although we have made changes to our visitor policy, we can still use your help to bring smiles to our patients and families.
- Share a message of love, warmth or a joke by filming a short video.
- Simply follow the instructions below to share your message:
- Record your video horizontal (sideways).
- Share an encouraging message or a joke. You can also read a book we can play for our families for Storytime.
- Please keep messages to 15-30 seconds.
- Use WeTransfer.com to send your video to [email protected]
- Help us stock our Welcome Bags! Each family will receive a Welcome Bag upon checking into FedExFamilyHouse.
- Items Needed:
- –Coloring Books (Children & Adult)
- –Boy Welcome Bags: Hot Wheels, Trucks, Action Figures
- –Girl Welcome Bags: Barbies, Baby Dolls, Doll Clothes
- We need your help to create 50 Party Packs!
- Collecting items December 14th
- –Pizza Dinner (50 individual medium boxes)
- –50 Sparkling Cider Bottles
- –150 “2021” Glasses (to wear)
- –150 Party Hats
- –Party Favors (candy, light up necklaces, etc.)
- –Cellophane to wrap pack
- –Ribbon: silver and gold
- –Mylar Shred: silver and gold