PMI Memphis invites you to join our May 12, 2021 Chapter meeting at 6 pm. When you register, your receipt will contain the meeting connection information to add into your calendars as well as a short survey to help us know how well we are doing. This is a Virtual meeting, free to PMI Memphis members, and $5.00 for guests. Please invite your colleagues. Register Now.
Topic: Gaining Operational Efficiency Using PM Tools
Teams can gain operational efficiencies by maximizing team effectiveness. Teams can become more agile as they develop team agile capabilities. In this presentation, Kelly Drozd will provide tips on how to achieve operational efficiencies by using PM tools to focus on people, team visibility and transparency, and adaptability.
About the Speaker: Kelly Drozd
Kelly Drozd is a currently part of the Atlassian TEAM as a Product Marketing Manager for Jira Software. She is an arranger and futuristic, a dot-connector and a problem solver that is naturally curious and consistently seeking to understand how things work and how to make them more efficient and effective. She has a passion for people and thrives on building relationships and mentoring and developing others. She has taken many risks throughout her career to get out of her comfort zone. These experiences have broadened her knowledge and provide her with a unique and diverse perspective. From 2016 to 2020, she served the ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Marketing Division with a focus on Agile adoption and transformation, driving operational excellence and helping teams work better together.
In her personal life, she enjoys practicing yoga, cycling, juggling a wide range of podcasts and audiobooks, and spending quality time with her dogs & her incredible partner.
In accordance with new guidelines set forth by PMI Global for chapters providing PMP certification prep, PMI Memphis is excited to partner with RefineM LLC to provide our second PMP Prep series for 2021:
Dates, Times, and Fees
- Dates:Tuesday and Thursday nights, 6-9 pm, from July 20 to August 26
- Price:$1000 for Members if registered/paid by June 29, $1250 if registered by July 18. (Non-members pay $100 more). $50 Late fees apply.
- Instructor-led, interactive class held through virtual meeting technology
- Course materials cover written and online materials, including test banks
- Meet the trainer - previous Lunch & Learn for PMI Memphis (code m8w?mm$u)
RefineM provides all the material that is necessary to pass the test, neither too little nor too much.
- Pre- and post-training packages/assessments to help you get maximum ROI from the class.
- PMP Exam Prep material provided by PMI.
- Short Videos on targeted specific PMP Exam topics.
- A case study that will be used throughout the course for better understanding the concepts.
- A full-length (200-question) practice test provided by PMI.
- 90-day subscription to RefineM’s on-line PMP Exam Prep test simulator with a question
bank of more than 1,000 high-quality questions developed by experienced PMP instructors.
- 90-day Subscription to RefineM's Agile Fundamentals Self-Paced Online Course to help you
gain foundational Agile knowledge for the exam.
- A “brain dump” of critical exam topics to record on scrap paper.
- Unlimited Post-training support to help students prepare and pass the exam.
- Subscription to RefineM's PDU Bundle so students can earn Professional Development Units
after attaining their certification.
Address questions to [email protected].
Being SAFe during COVID-19: Application of Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
April 14, 2021 Chapter Meeting, 6-7:30 PM - Click here to Register
Ed Nichols, Portfolio Fellow at FedEx Logistics, will provide a brief overview of SAFe that will lead into one of the seven core competencies known as Lean Portfolio Management (LPM). The information he will share is based on Scaled Agile and his certification as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) Version 5. Attendees at the chapter meeting can expect to participate in interactive exercises and intimate discussions.
About Ed Nichols
Ed has been an employee of FedEx for 18 years with the last year spent with FedEx Logistics as a Portfolio Fellow. As part of his Portfolio Fellow role, he serves as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) and teaches SAFe courses all over the world. He recently became certified as an Enterprise Business Agility Strategist (EBAS) and is promoting the mindset and culture of Business Agility.
Disclaimer: As a FedEx Logistics employee, Ed will not be using any FedEx content or material in the presentation.