Did you know that most of PMI’s work is done by volunteers?
PMI was founded by volunteers – people who wanted to enhance the profession of project management, share new ideas, and reap the benefits of expanding connections and career advancement opportunities.
Thanks to PMI’s volunteers, project management is recognized and valued by organizations and governments around the world.
For 20 years, PMI Memphis has supported as many as 4000 members and non-members by the work local volunteers. What is keeping you from serving as a volunteer to keep PMI Memphis thriving and growing vibrantly?
How does volunteering benefit the volunteer?
- Gain meaningful, personal fulfillment from helping others and making a difference locally
- Develop and sharpen vital new skills, including leadership, collaboration and team-bauilding techniques
- Gain experience in new areas of practice that can be marketed on online professional profiles or resumes
- Build your professional network by developing mutually beneficial relationships with other project managers
- Earn PDUs for your volunteer time up to limits allowed for "Giving Back to the Profession"
- Gain LinkedIn recommendations from a Board Member in appreciation for specific work performed
How volunteers can help within PMI Memphis?
- Help younger professionals build experience and grow their careers
- Carry out educational and networking events and activities
- Mentor or Coach students or professionals in regards to project or risk management
- Liaise with other organizations or entities on behalf of PMI Memphis
- Network with business leaders to develop relationships with PMI Memphis
- Canvas speakers for educational events, meetings, or classes
- Gather event bag materials, swag, or gifts for chapter events
- Share your expertise by writing and publishing white papers and reviewing project management manuals, books and periodicals
- Contribute to the development of professional standards that shape the future of the profession
- Manage local PMI chapter activities and communities
- Server as directors or board members
How can I volunteer for PMI Memphis TODAY?
- Log into https://vrms.pmi.org and use your pmi.org credentials
- Search for opportunities in Memphis, TN
- Apply for one or more opportunities that will leverage or stretch your skills
If you are interested in learning more about a posting, email [email protected] and ask your questions. Most of the VRMS postings for PMI Memphis indicate with board member with which the position is aligned. Reach out to that board member also via contact information found HERE. If you think of another way you would like to volunteer, email [email protected] and share your idea. We can create a position for you.
We appreciate every volunteer. PMI Memphis is 100% dependent on volunteer service!